Arknights is a unique mobile Tower Defense single-player game in which you are supposed to restrict your enemies from reaching their target. It is a complex Tower Defense game that requires you to learn the mechanics of each of your operators (Towers in this game), which got great reviews from the player base. In Arknights, you collect and deploy Operators in the game that protects you and your Base from the onslaught of enemy forces with their unique mechanics and abilities. Each Operator comes with her unique ability, rarity, deployment cost talents and skills and vibrant personality.
Let’s talk about some of its main aspects, features and mechanics deployed in the game one by one.
The Doctor – You play as the “Doctor,” recently rescued by Amiya, tasked with overseeing the activities of an organization called Rhodes Island.
Operators – Operators are the game characters/Turrets deployed on the battlefield or in base operations. Players can get Operators mainly by using either the Headhunter paid Gacha or the free Open Recruitment. You can also acquire them by clearing specific missions.
Operator’s Class – Every Arknights Operator falls under a specific class that evaluates their game playing capability; they all have different skills & unique abilities that make them effective on the battlefield; as an Arknights Operator, you do need to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your player to be able to deploy them efficiently in the battle zone. Some Operators have skills that make them more powerful than the rest. Although they are not required to complete the story, it’s good to have strong Operators in your team.
The Base – The Base is a crucial element of the game as it’s the only place to acquire important materials as per your need and train your Operators or unit. You can only unlock the Base at the end of the tutorial mission. All of the facilities in the Base have unique functions; some of them produce important materials that you cannot acquire at any other location in the game. You must make sure to create a balanced base with the provisioning of all necessary facilities. The Operators usually manage bases and their core responsibility of battling in the field as they do possess basic management skills that are proven to benefit the facilities of a Base.
Level System and Game Stats – Operators become stronger when they reach a higher level of the game. As a Doctor, you also have a leveling up system; completing missions is a great way to increase your levels quickly.
Deployment Currency – These are the main resource currency you need to spend in-game to deploy your Operators. It generates automatically during combat, but some operators also speed up this generation when needed.
The Mission – You can increase your level faster by deploying your Operators on a mission and using their battle records which they possess. When you will conquer all of your enemies in a level and get 3 stars, you could easily unlock the option to auto-battle that particular level; this will also help you acquire more materials and boost up your Operators.
Upgrades – You can upgrade character skills to make them more effective when they are used in combat. Operators usually have more than one skill, so please make sure to pick the right ones to upgrade to conserve materials and items. Elite Promotions will allow you to increase the stats of your Operators further when they max out their levels. You can do upgrades twice per Operator, but it requires them to be at a max level first.
Potential – Potential is a system that lets you increase the stats or strengthen the abilities of an operator. You’ll need either a Character Token or a Professional Token to be able to do this. Trust Levels can be raised by having Operators on your team. With each increase of Trust Levels, the Operator will receive increases to their stats.
How to download and Play Arknights on your PC?
The best way of playing an Android game like Arknights on your PC is to use an Emulator. There is no shortage of emulators that you can use to download and play most android games on PC. Some of the great Emulator options available online are LDPlayer, Nox App Player, BlueStacks and MEmu. There are numerous reasons to use an Emulator to play Arknights, some of which are:
- Bigger Screen – Mobile screens are palm-sized while regular monitors range from 21-32″ easily, making playing demanding games on bigger screens more fun.
- Controls – Although you can always connect a controller via Bluetooth on mobile, nothing beats the keyboard and mouse support when playing on PC via an emulator, giving you the precision you need in games like PUBG and Free Fire and many strategies games.
- Multi-Tasking – if you play more than one game during the day, an emulator provides you the best option to play more than one game through its Multi-Instance feature.
- Processing Power and Battery – You can play games with maximum settings and high FPS to fully enjoy a game with a seamless experience, and you don’t have to worry about your battery.
The Process to install an Emulator and download games on it is quite simple. Following are some quick steps to do just that:
- Download and install the Emulator on your desktop from the official website of the Emulator.
- Search for Arknights on their proprietary Store or Google Play Store.
- Download and Install Arknights game.
- Play and Enjoy the game on the bigger screen.
Let’s discuss some main Emulators by listing their Pros and Cons, which are as follows:
- Option of both x64 and x32 architecture
- Optimization for low-end PCs
- Minimal Adverts
- The home screen is clear as crystal
- Chinese Emulator so Chinese localization much faster, global takes time
- Best to browse.
- Little knowledge is needed to work as required.
- Awarded for innovation
- Regular updates with new features
- More supporting apps
- Higher FPS is achieved mainly by high-end PCs; low-end systems aren’t optimized.
- High Ram demands.
- High resource consumption.
Nox App Player:
- Multi-platform support for both Windows and Mac.
- The interface is basic and easy to use.
- Fast and consistent.
- Superb Emulator
- Keyboard mapping and game controller support.
- No Linux support.
- Some problems arise when connecting controllers and gamepads.
- Great support for apps and enhanced gameplay
- Controls customization top-notch
- Minimal requirement, maximum efficiency
- Difficult to understand interface
- Takes more time than others to load
Why Choose LDPlayer and Why is it the Best?
“The Best,” among all of the mentioned Emulators is the LDPlayer. One of the main reasons behind being the best in its support for all kinds and tiers of PCs. It provides the best seamless integration of graphical enhancement and increases fidelity through all of its features, some of which are as follows:
- Setting Macros – One of the best features in LDPlayer is setting up Macros from small and easy execution to complex and a long set of actions. Setting Macros is best done when connected by most gaming peripherals. Cloud support of different sets of Macros for different games especially playing competitive games.
- Operation Synchronization – LDPlayer provides Synchronization, which is built-in the Emulator and therefore, you don’t have to install any extra app just for this purpose. Re-rollers can also use this function via the Multi-instance to reroll the best bet for their favorite games. Syncing is a creative way to do the same function over multiple accounts and instances.
- Screen Recording – Another built-in feature for LDPlayer, making this seamless feature for all those gamers who would like to share their gameplay and upload it on YouTube and other websites. Though the videos recorded may not be very high quality, but HD is more than enough.
- Controller Support – The best option for players that want to connect their controller for their favorite games. It is as simple as plug and play, and the options pop up as soon as you run a game.
- Customization – You have all the options to tweak around your Emulator and even can change the type of mobile and tablet to your demand. You can tweak resolution, CPU, RAM, most properties and even all the shortcuts. You can also make custom versions.
How to recover your Android mobile game progress on a PC?
Android games have become more advanced and graphics-intensive over the years; however, most games still don’t support cloud-based synchronization options. There is always a possibility you might lose your saved game data if you uninstall or reinstall a game. Losing progress can be very frustrating for you as a gamer as you have spent hours progressing through different game levels. The interesting news is that there are few methods available here which allow you to back up your saved game data safely to your PC and transfer them to your new Android phone so that you can continue playing them where you have left them. Mentioned below are the three ways you can backup your data to your PC and transfer your saved Android games to another device.
Method 1: Using Helium – App Sync and Backup
- Download and Install Helium – App Sync and Backup Android app on your Android phone and the Helium Desktop installer on Windows PC.
- Launch the app.
- Enable USB Debugging via Developer options.
- Connect your Android Phone and open the Helium desktop app.
- Select the backup option and choose a destination.
- You can make backup both on mobile as well as connected PC.
- You can restore your games along with their saved data to a new or a different Android device.
- Choose the Restore and Sync option in the Helium app.
Method 2: Using the cloud
Even though not all games might support it, using the cloud to backup and restore your game progress and saved data across your Android devices is a simple and efficient way.
- Make sure you have signed in to the Google Play Games option in the game you want to backup.
- Restore the saved data.
- Check in the settings if a particular game’s data is being backed up or not.
- You can check this in Accounts and sync settings and then Google.
- Enable the Play games cloud save option in the settings if it is not already enabled.
Arknights is the new breed of Tower Defense games that incorporates the Gacha element with wonderful characters that you enjoy and come to adore. It isn’t as simple as other Tower Defense. After you have finished the early game, it needs well-thought-out strategies to come out on top and tests your resolve, strategy, and skill.