BBC iPlayer is a top-rated streaming service in the United Kingdom, which hosts a bunch of cool stuff. However, the bad news is that BBC iPlayer is only accessible in the United Kingdom. To enjoy and access its content, you must use an IP address from the UK. You will need to have a UK account as well. However, that is not possible for people living outside of the UK.
The good news is that if you’re a resident of the USA and want to use BBC iPlayer, then not all hope is lost. You can easily access the platform using a reliable VPN service. So, if you’re eager to know how to use a VPN to access BBC iPlayer from the USA, sit back and relax as we walk you through all the steps you need to take to begin watching content from BBC iPlayer, even if you live in the USA. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Why Is BBC iPlayer So Popular?
BBC iPlayer is popular in the UK and for a good reason. It hosts high-quality content, which includes news, documentaries, comedies, dramas, and more. iPlayer allows users to access the content on-demand, making it convenient to watch their favorite shows whenever desired. BBC also caters to a diverse audience; there’s something for everyone.
That is why BBC iPlayer attracts a broad audience from different demographics. Another thing that makes BBC iPlayer popular is that in the UK, access to BBC iPlayer is free to users if they have a TV license. This makes it ideal for users who want to watch quality programming without paying additional subscription costs.
BBC iPlayer also offers a catch-up service, which means users can catch up on any shows they missed during airtime. It provides flexibility for users with busy lives and schedules who want to stay updated on their favorite shows. The BBC iPlayer platform also has a user-friendly interface that enhances the viewing experience. Its stellar design and navigation make it easy for users to find and enjoy their desired content. It also offers streaming convenience, as you watch it from multiple devices, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, and Smart TVs.
This doesn’t come as a surprise, as it was reported a few years back that more than 60 million people watch BBC iPlayer for free outside of the UK by concealing their location using VPNs and proxy servers. As you can see, the popularity of BBC iPlayer isn’t going down anytime soon.
Why Is BBC iPlayer Only Accessible In The UK?
If you’re a resident of a country outside of the UK and want to access BBC iPlayer, it will show you a message saying, “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.” BBC engages in strict geo-blocking, and anybody who attempts to watch BBC iPlayer on demand will be denied. They determine your location by checking your IP address to determine where you live. You can avoid them from detecting your location by using a VPN or a proxy server.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best VPN To Watch BBC iPlayer
You’ll have to consider various factors when choosing a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer. You will need to pick fast UK VPN server to access BBC iPlayer, and we’ll now discuss the essential features that the VPN provider must have:
- The VPN provider should be able to unblock BBC iPlayer and other geo-restricted streaming platforms.
- The VPN provider should also have fast speed to ensure a smooth and seamless streaming experience.
- It should also have an extensive list of servers so that you can bypass geo-blocks easily and also so the server isn’t overloaded with so many users, affecting speed and performance. It should have an extensive range of servers based in the UK, as that will ultimately help you access BBC iPlayer.
- It should also have top-notch security features, including a Kill Switch feature and excellent VPN protocols like Wireguard and OpenVPN. A kill switch feature automatically disconnects you from the internet if your VPN connection unexpectedly drops due to external factors.
- The VPN provider should have a strict No-logs Policy. A No-Logs policy ensures that the VPN provider does not keep track of your online activities or store them. Your data gets deleted the minute you log out of the VPN.
- It should be compatible with multiple devices and operating systems (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux).
How To Watch BBC iPlayer In The USA With A VPN
Using a VPN enables you to access BBC iPlayer from the USA easily. All you have to do is follow these easy steps:
- Sign up for the app once you’ve chosen a VPN provider that aligns with your needs and requirements and installed it on your device. If you’re already signed up, then log in with your credentials.
- Choose a server from the UK.
- Turn on the VPN connection and then go to the BBC website or open the BBC iPlayer app to begin watching your favorite TV shows and content.
How To Sign Up To BBC iPlayer?
Signing up for the BBC iPlayer is a pretty straightforward process. Here’s how you can sign up for it:
- Go to the BBC iPlayer’s website, and then click Sign in at the top-left corner of the homepage.
- Since you don’t have an account as of yet, click on Register now, which you can find at the bottom.
- You will then be asked to provide additional details, including your age, date of birth, email, new password, and the country you reside in. You can find one for any city in the UK for postal codes.
- Once you’ve filled in all the details, click Register, and you’ll receive a verification email, which you’ll have to click on. You’re set to begin watching all your favorite shows and content on BBC iPlayer.
BBC iPlayer is one of the popular streaming sites in the UK and adored by people from all over the world. Since the BBC is heavily geo-blocked, it makes it difficult for anyone outside the UK to access its high-value content. If you’re a resident of the USA, then these concerns will be a thing of the past since you can easily access it using a reliable VPN.