Have you purchased a Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender to boost the performance of your existing WiFi? Want to know how to set up Netgear EX2700? Well, this guide will help you make things possible in an instant. Here, we will inform you about various methods to get success with the Netgear extender setup process. Let’s start off with the process.
Netgear EX2700 Setup Using Manual Method
To manually set up your Netgear extender, you need to get access to various things. For example,
- An Ethernet Cable
- A working power socket
- High-speed Internet
- Already Installed Router
- And, of course your EX2700 WiFi range extender
After having access to all these things, you can start the process of Netgear EX2700 setup.
The steps we are going to throw light upon are for first-time users. If you have already completed the initial steps, you can skip them.
- Unwrap your range extender and install the available antennas to its ports.
- Now, plug in the device to a power socket.
- Turn it on and wait for the LED lights on the device to lit green.
- Now, connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the port of your extender and another end to the port of your router.
- After establishing a connection between both the devices, open a web browser on your computer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL of the browser you launched and then press the Enter key.
- Following this step will take you to the login page of your Netgear EX2700 range extender.
- Reaching here, enter the default username and password of your device.
A quick tip: If you are not aware of the Netgear EX2700 login details, get access to the Netgear extender manual to get the necessary details.
- Now, fill in the username and password of your EX2700 into the fields given and select the Log in option.
- As soon as you complete the login process of your EX2700 range extender, you will be directed to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Now, go to the settings section and check for the WiFi connections list.
- From the list, select the WiFi network you want to expand.
- Follow the on-screen instructions flashing on your screen and complete the Netgear EX2700 setup process using the manual method.
Although this method works well for all users, however if you want to give a shot to the most simplest method for setting up a Netgear extender, then check the next section.
Steps to Set up Netgear EX2700 WiFi Range Extender using WPS
If you want to do a Netgear extender setup with the press of a button, this method is going to help you. Here’s how to do a Netgear extender setup using WPS method.
- First, plug in your extender to a working socket and turn the power button on.
- Once you see the power light on your range extender is showing green, check for the WPS button on your device.
- The location of the WPS button may vary from model to model. Thus, check all the sides of your extender for locating the button.
- Press the WPS button and let your extender configure the settings.
- Now, do the same with your router.
Note: Keep in mind that the WPS process can prove effective only if your router supports the WPS button. If not, you need to execute the manual method only.
- After pressing the WPS button on both your devices, access the extender login page.
- Tweak settings as demanded for completing the WPS setup and make things done.
This is how you can set up your Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender with the help of a push button.
It is expected that both these methods will work the best for you when it comes to making your extender working. Just in case you are facing any trouble while making your device up and running using any of these methods, feel free to shoot your query in the comments section. Our technical experts will try giving assistance to you so as to make your device operational quickly and easily.