To err is human, but you cannot rely on a machine also. Backing up the data in the computer is very important. You do not want that one fine day you start your computer and lose all the data. There are various ways to back up the IT data. However, despite every care you take, professional data recovery will arise at some point in time.
Why do you need third-party support to recover your business IT data? Although your expert IT team has saved every tiny piece of data on a hard drive and has multiple copies in the cloud still there is a major possibility that a small error wipes off everything. Let us understand this in more detail.
What is Salesforce and its impact?
Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) solution that supports companies and customers to come together. It is a one-stop-shop solution to integrate all the big and small departments of any organization. From sales, marketing, commerce, to customer service – all come under one wing. You can record or make changes inside the company and connect with similar companies to have an integrated approach.
According to 2017 reports by Accenture; ArtificialIntelligence (AI) will create a revolution in IT and non-IT businesses. All the CRM activities will integrate AI by the end of 2021 that boom the global business by $1.1 trillion. This will also leverage major employment for around 800,000 direct jobs and over 2 million indirect and induced jobs. Salesforce is instrumental in AI and global IT boost revenue.
Salesforce Einstein is fast-tracking the AI implementation by providing free, interactive, and animated learning through the Trailhead platform. You do not need any technical know-how to use the basic AI tool. Salesforce Einstein is integrating the simplest and user-friendly approach to its data recovery solutions.
Why Salesforce backup recovery?
Salesforce helps in those critical business situations when customer relationship management (CRM) data needs retrieval and protection. In customer relationship management, every day, 10s and 1000s users work on the same system and make multiple changes to the records. This requires a robust solution, and Salesforce is the answer to all of this. Here are few ways you might lose the data:
- Mass data import – An Admin can alter more than 1000 records in few seconds with system tools like a data loader. And one small mistake can wipes-off all the files, folders, attachments, and records forever.
- Rogue automation – Upgrade of any software application or process builder can lead to the deletion or overwriting of data can result in mass destruction of data.
- User mistake – Basic errors from Admin or any user is very normal.
- Ransomware – Hidden ransomware can make unknown changes to the records in the past few months.
- Bar code issue – Integration or bar code issues can have a major blow on IT.
- Customization – Developers unknowingly change the key metadata for custom settings and fields.
Salesforce data vs. Metadata
Salesforce data recovery and backup are not only for regular records back-up but also support the Metadata backup. Metadata is the details of the configuration in Salesforce. There are plenty of features included in it, page layouts, custom fields, Apex triggers, and many customized features. Metadata backups are imperative.
- Salesforce data – Records stored in standard and custom objects are salesforce data. The term given to this data type is ID, and these are in the form of accounts, leads. Files and cases. It is like a spreadsheet as the valuestores in the form of cells.
- Metadata – The non-standard records, which mean configurations and customized records, are salesforce metadata. This is very important for any business as all the major changes and adding records happen in apex classes, apex trigger, custom fields.
Salesforce native offers some free solutions for recovery and backing up the data. Data backup and metadata backup are the two approaches of salesforce:
- Data backup – Data backup aids data explore service, data loader, and report export.
- Metadata backup – Metadata backup helps in changesets, sandbox refresh, and Force.com migration tool.
Salesforce recovery and backup benefits –
- It helps complete data restoration; base objects, metadata, attachments, files, custom objects, chatter posts irrespective of storage size, updated version, and durations. It backs your company’s encryption system with zero additional cost.
- Complete automated solutions with the removal of the hindrances from manual recovery. You decide the recovery time that takes place regularly without any altercations.
- On-demand recovery before any major customization and IT imports that span across the business.
- You can monitor the regular changes made to the records with recent backups. Make the most by getting notifications on chatter posts and emails.
- Meticulously planned recovery for transparent auditing. All the details of the records reflect on the system, including the errors for thorough reporting.
- Restoration and metadata recovery takes place on a routine basis with absolute accuracy.
- Recording and recovery of information of least importance. Trivial manual field changes, overwriting of values and updates are also crucial.
- Metadata recovery between different organizations requires mammoth backup coverage: reports, objects, dashboards, emails, pages, classes, layouts, workflows, triggers, and more.
- Restoration of records both intercompany and intracompany takes place.
However, Salesforce facilitates in storage and backup of data but, during a major IT disaster, you must approach the Salesforce data recovery services. These are quite expensive services and costs around $10000. You do not receive any guarantee of retrieving complete data, and the entire process takes more than six months.
Many third-party back recovery companies offer extra support to avoid major business IT catastrophes. Make the smart choice by answering a few simple questions –
What is the budget of the company for Salesforce?
What IT restoration process will be the best in the event of data loss?
What impact does the data loss on business have?
How is much delay in data recovery manageable without major business impact?
How many salesforce deployments take place in the business?
Which third-party salesforce data recovery solution is suitable for the size of the business?
Ensure that you have these information before hiring any services.