Temporary workers can be needed by any company. Sometimes it is required to perform specific types of work, or they are still looking for the main employee, but the work needs to be done urgently. Let’s figure out how to hire them, fire them and provide them with leave.
Temporary workers are people who are hired for a specific period of time or to do a specific job. A fixed-term employment contract is concluded with such employees. Finding temporary employees is a great option when you need to hold, for example, a one-time event: tasting, sale, presentation of something. They are also often involved in seasonal work: as sellers, operators at children’s attractions, and so on. Hoteling software is a computer program that is used to manage the workspace for temporary workers.
Who can be considered a temporary employee:
• Conscripts. Citizens hired with the conclusion of a fixed-term employment contract;
• Substitutes. Hired when the main employee is on vacation, is sick, and so on;
• Seasonals. Taken to carry out work that is characteristic of a particular season of the year;
• Part-timers. Can be hired on a permanent basis, but fired when the main employee is hired.
Temporary workers are assigned a probationary period not exceeding fourteen days. Therefore, their selection must be careful. A temporary worker can be involved in work on weekends, but only if he himself agrees to this. An employee who is hired temporarily has the right to leave, which must be paid. But it is 2 working days per month worked. School break days are a great time for teens looking to make some personal money. The most important thing is that this is not prohibited by law. The main thing for an employer is to follow certain rules.
They are as follows:
• The child’s age is 14 and over;
• Working hours – no more than 12 hours a week;
• There must be written consent from the parents.
Advantages of hiring temporary employees:
• Reducing labor costs;
• Opportunity to attract a high-level specialist to perform a serious task (without making him a staff member);
• Significant cost optimization.
When an employer hires a temporary employee, he has two options:
- To conclude a civil law contract with him
- To conclude an urgent labor contract
The first option is more suitable when a strictly defined work is required. But when concluding such an agreement, there is a risk: when checked by specialists from the FSS, such agreements will be carefully checked and it is possible that they will be recognized as labor and the company will be charged with fines.
The conclusion of an employment contract is safer in this regard. In particular, it is better to conclude it if the volume of work is difficult to calculate and it is difficult to say when this work will be completed. It is also convenient for seasonal and one-time jobs such as promotions.
How can a test of the business qualities of a temporary member of the team be carried out if a test at employment cannot be established for him?
The personnel service of the organization can check the business qualities of a temporary employee during an interview, in the process of studying documents confirming qualifications, if the work requires special knowledge or special training. For employees who have entered into an agreement for a period of up to two months, the specifics of the legal regulation of working hours and rest time have also been established.