Everyone hates a slow internet. That is why people set up Netgear extenders in their homes. They can access a blazing-fast internet by connecting their WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear_ext (SSID). But, it becomes annoying if the iPhone is unable to connect to the extender. It not only halts access to the internet but also stops the tasks that require internet access.
If you are also seeking a solution to this problem, then this article will help you resolve it. Here, we will provide you the various troubleshooting hacks that can help you fix the ‘iPhone is not connecting to the Netgear extender’ issue. So, continue reading.
Fixed: My iPhone is Not Connecting to Internet
- Enable WiFi on Your iPhone
If your iPhone is not connecting to the Netgear extender, then chances are that you might have forgotten to enableWiFi on your mobile phone. Therefore, head towards the WiFi settings of your iPhone to check if you have enabled WiFi or not. If not, then do it to enjoy the internet on your mobile device.
- Check the WiFi Network on iPhone
Check if the connection between your Netgear extender and iPhone is proper or not. Chances are that your iPhone might have connected to a different network instead of your extender’s Netgear_ext (SSID). Thus, to get rid of the iPhone not connecting to the internet issue, connect to the right WiFi network.
- Power Cycle Your WiFi Network
If your iPhone is not connecting to your extender’s network, chances are that the extender might be facing technical glitches. In such a situation, power cycle the entire WiFi network. This includes power cycling your Netgear extender, router, modem, and your iPhone. Once your devices restart, try to access the internet on your iPhone and check if the issue resolves.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
Do you have enough WiFi package to access the internet access? Contact your Internet Service Provider to inquire if you have sufficient data left to access high-speed internet. Also, inquire if there is an internet issue from his end. If it is, then ask him to fix the issue as early as possible, so that you can enjoy lag-free internet by connecting your iPhone to Netgear extender.
- Disable Certain Apps on Your iPhone
Various apps on your iPhone can prevent it from connecting to your extender’s network. Different apps like antivirus, firewall, VPN, and ad-blocker apps can create a nuisance when you try to establish a connection between your iPhone and extender. Therefore, it is recommended to disable such apps temporarily. Perhaps, doing so will fix the issue for you.
- Cross-Check the Password
Netgear users are advised to change the default network name (SSID) and password (Network Key) of their extenders. Doing so will prevent unauthorized users from connecting to the WiFi network. Now, the question arises, have you entered the correct password while trying to connect your iPhone to the extender’s Netgear_ext (SSID)? If you are not sure, head towards the WiFi settings of your iPhone to verify the same. If you’ve entered the incorrect password, then follow these steps to find the WiFi password of Netgear extender:
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Now, open an internet browser on your computer and type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
Note: To log into your Netgear extender via an Apple device, you have to access the mywifiext local administrative page.
- Press the Enter key and log into your Netgear extender by typing the default username and password.
- Go to the Settings menu on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Click on the Wireless option and then General.
- Now, look for the WiFi password. If the option says Same as existing network password, it means the password of your extender and router are the same.
- If the WiFi password option displays Use a different password, it will show the password under the Network Key option.
- Now, use the correct password to connect your iPhone to the extender’s network.
This was all about how you can fix the ‘iPhone not connecting to the Netgear extender’ issue. We hope that now you will be able to get rid of the issue and regain access to a lightning-fast internet on your iPhone.