When it came out in 2009, The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim was regarded as being one of the most massive, extremely intricate, and highly immersive games of all time. Now, almost 10 years as a result of its release, and regarding other immersive franchises like Fallout and Red Dead Redemption (my personal favorites), and it’s still one of the most expansive games of all time. It’s not merely that the vanilla game plus DLC’s (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn) take up a little over 22GB of HDD space, but in addition because most, if not absolutely all, of the vanilla game’s secrets, are still being unearthed almost 10 years on. And that’s not including most of the amazing and intricate mods you can download online.
With increased than 100 hours of vanilla gameplay (i.e., main quest line + ‘official’side quests), Skyrim without mods or DLC’s was already expansive, and that has been just the quests they told us about. Yes, as it happens, the developers threw in a number of easter eggs, secret codes , and locations which are only being explored now.
Needless to say, hardcore players who haven’t stopped playing the overall game since’11 will most likely have found a lot of the secret and hidden gems the overall game provides, however for the more casual gamer like myself, running into these secrets just gave me an even fuller appreciation to one of the finest games of the decade. Listed below are some Skyrim secrets from the vanilla version of the overall game that you may or may not have heard about:
Fishing in Skyrim is More than Relaxing, It’s Rewarding
Alchemy fans of Skyrim know that salmon fishing in Skyrim’s many, many rivers is one of the finest methods for getting ingredients. It is also the simplest way to get salmon meat because, well, duh. But here’s finished: most of the budding alchemists can take advantage of a while with the ole’fishing pole (metaphorically, considering the Dragonborn can’t use fishing poles. But there’s a mod for that).
That’s right, in a sneaky move by Bethesda during certainly one of their regular patches, the studio added only a little extra something-something for people with mad archery skills whenever they tag a salmon in the stream. Prior to this update, players could be rewarded with mostly salmon meat regardless how they catch the fish. However, Bethesda snuck in an extra reward: shoot the salmon as its mid-jump, and you receive salmon roes, one of the most powerful alchemical ingredients in the overall game that’s required for things like water-breathing potions. In addition it gives you a metric-ton of Alchemy points, so that’s pretty cool, too.
Skyrim Console Commands
Console commands are often used by developers to debug the overall game during glitches. Most games will usually leave this lying around in the vanilla game in the event players encounter a bug they weren’t expecting. For Skyrim players, however, Skyrim’ console commands became a remarkably popular way to cheat the overall game and put in a bit of spice.
You need to use console commands for a number of things, like adding legendary weapons to your inventory or summoning a creature, but by far the most popular use of Skyrim console commands : skills. That’s right, you can use console commands to offer your heroes only a little extra oomph, or turn them into unstoppable killing machines.
To utilize this: open up your console command and enter either AdvSkill or SetSkill. AdvSkill is really a Skyrim console command that raises skill levels in a far more ‘natural’way giving the player the appropriate amount of experience needed to raise a certain skill level by one. To have the exact amount of points needed, enter [player.AdvSkill <#>] in the command console and it will let you know how many points.
On one other hand, the Skyrim console command SetSkill actually sets a player’s chosen skill to whatever level they so choose, even going beyond the 100 skill level cap. Faster and easier to utilize, the downside of the Skyrim console command Set skill is that it does result in glitching, particularly if the player decides to go above the 100 skill level cap.
Most Useful Skyrim Console Commands
Out of console commands, these are most used and useful in Skyrim Console Commands that players have already been using throughout their time in the game. But don’t forget to check on the item codes list to incorporate Item Cheat.
|TGM||Turn God Mode ON/OFF|
(also adds immortal stamina/magicka)
|TCL||Toggle Clipping ON/OFF|
|TDetect||Toggle AI Detection|
(won’t work during pickpocketing)
|TAI||Toggle Non-Combat AI ON/OFF|
|TCAI||Toggle Combat AI ON/OFF|
(can also be combined with TAI to
completely disable all NPCs)
|ModAV carryweight [#]||Set carry weight accompanied by lots|
|AddShout [Shoud ID]||Add shout to player skill list|
|Player.AddItem [item ID] [#]||Add what to inventory. E.g:|
“player.additem f 100” adds 100 gold
|Player.SetLevel [#]||Sets the player level.|
Note: It doesn’t grant
|Player.AddPerk [perk ID]||Add the precise perk.|
|AdvSkill [[[[[Skill|skill]]|skill]]] [#]||Gives the player the specified number of Skill-based experience points.|
Amounts vary from skill to skill.
[Item/NPC ID] [#]
|Spawns item/NPC near player.|
(Can be combined with AI commands for hilarious effect)
Level Up Skyrim Commands
To improve your power and abilities in any given skill tree, you should use these console commands to your advantage in several ways:
- Add individual perks to each skill tree
- Add experience to each skill tree (you will level up quickly)
>> To Add Skill Experience
This is the recommended approach to increasing your skills or perks. This is our recommended approach to increasing your skills/adding perks. You can look at to craft a personalized set of skills with points, however, it might take only a little longer but it may also grant extra experience, instead of entering into individual perk codes. Use AdvSkill [[[Skill|Skill]] ID] [#], it’ll grant you a certain amount of experience in certain skill category. Every skill carries different experience points, thus we suggest you start with the skill you wish to become highly experienced in or even all. So, the following table shows the listing of experience points which will increase each skill by one level. As you level up, you’ll notice an increase in the total amount of required XP, so you should use player.setlevel [#] command.
|SKILL TREE||SKILL ID||Points/Lvl|
>> To Add Individual Perks
To add individual perks, use the console command player.addperk [perk ID].
For instance, to incorporate the Sneaking perk ‘Silent Roll,’ enter
player.addperk 105F23 into the command console. Alternatively, you may also try this technique by using the player.setlevel ##
All Skyrim Console Commands
- tgm – Toggles God mode (Invincibility, infinite carry weight)
- tcl – Toggles No-clip mode (Fly, walk through walls)
- coc “Location” – Teleports you to that location
- psb – Give all spells to player
- player.advlevel – Force a Level Up ( No perk points added)
- caqs – Complete all Quest Stages
- tmm,1 – Toggle Map Markers
- tfc – Free camera
- saq – Start all quests (Warning: Not recommended!)
- qqq – Quit the game
- coc qasmoke – Testing hall (You’ll have your items, enchanted items may crash game)
- tai – Toggle Artificial Intelligence (Freezes enemies)
- tcai – Toggle Combat Artificial Intelligence (Freezes enemies)
- tg – Toggle grass
- tm – Toggle menus, HUD
- tfow – Toggle FOW
- kill – Kill targeted thing
- resurrect – Resurrects targeted thing
- unlock – Unlocks targeted locked thing
- lock X – Lock targeted chests, doors as well as people, where X is the difficulty degree of the lock (0 – 100)
- killall – Kill all nearby enemies
- removeallitems – Removes all items of targeted NPC
- movetoqt – Teleport to quest target
- enableplayercontrols – Enable controls during cinematics
- tdetect – Toggle AI Detection (Avoid getting caught stealing)
- setownership – Changes ownership of target to help you steal it
- duplicateallitems – Duplicate items (Target container or NPC and copy the RefID)
- fov XXX – Change field of view.
- advancepclevel – Increase your Level
- advancepcskill (skillname) X – Increase skill level
- advskill [skill] XXX – Increase targeted skill by XXX amount
- setpcfame – Set targeted character’s fame
- setpcinfamy – Set targeted character’s infamy
- player.modav [attribute name] [amount] – Apply modifier (- or +) to the named attribute or skill. Skills are entered as they seem in-game, without spaces or quotes, except for Speech and Archery, which are “speechcraft” and “marksman” respectively. Attributes are things like “health” or “carryweight”, again without spaces or quotes.
- player.modav carryweight X – Set Carry Weight
- player.modav burden X – Increase Burden by X
- player.modav Dragonsouls X – Add Dragon’s Souls to your pool, letting you improve your shouts.
- player.setav speedmult X – Increase movement speed, where X is a multiplier (percentage)
- player.setav Stamina X – Set Stamina
- player.setav Health X – Set health
- player.setcrimegold X – Set to 0 if you want it to be free
- player.setav Magicka X – Set Magicka
- player.setlevel X – Set Level
- player.placeatme X – Spawns an NPC at your location, where X is NPC ID
- player.setscale X – Change scale of player, where X=1 is normal
- player.IncPCS [Skill Name] – Increase the level of targeted Skill by one.
- showracemenu – Raises the race selection/character customization menu. NOTE: This may reset your character to level 1 and all your skills to their initial base values.
- [target].getavinfo [attribute] – This may display a brief listing of information regarding the given attribute (health, skills, etc.) of the specified target. You are able to omit “[target].” if you first click on the target with the mouse, or you can replace it with “player.” if you want the data in your character. For instance: [br/]player.getavinfo lightarmor
- player.additem XXXXXXXX “###”– Adds items based on Item Codes , where XXXXXXXX is the item code, and ### is the quantity you want.
- player.additem 0000000f “999” – Add 999 Gold
- player.additem 0000000a “100” – Add 100 Lockpicks
- player.addperk XXXXXXXX – add perks centered on perk codes , Example player.addperk 000c44b8. For perk codes , you can check out the item codes list.
- help – List console commands
- help keyword X – Search by the keyword, number is search mode, listed in “help” commands
Journey to The Center Of Blackreach
In Skyrim , the massive underground city of Blackreach is perhaps one of the most exciting, mysterious, and dangerous locations in the whole game. It is a fan favorite since it touches on the Elder Scrolls most enigmatic and ancient races, the Dwemer.The Dwemer disappeared well before the start of the extremely first Elder Scrolls game after an unknown cataclysm led to their sudden and mysterious disappearance.
The Dwemer left a sophisticated network of ruins all throughout Tamriel, with Blackreach being among the largest. The Dragonborn is tasked with exploring Blackreach for some samples of Crimson Nirnroot, the only real place where in actuality the mysterious ingredient can be found. But if you remain in Blackreach after your quest ends and start rooting around, you will discover yourself deep in the heart of the Dwemer city, in which a huge, brass, a chandelier hangs from the cavern’s ceiling.
If you are using your shout Unrelenting Force (or, Fus Ro Dah, the game’s most iconic skill) on the chandelier, it will awaken a secret boss within the chandelier called Vulthuryol. He’s immune to the Bend Will shout, but it’s ok: for an Ancient Dragon, Vulthuryol actually has pretty meager stats that make him easy enough to kill for mid-level players. He drops Dragon Bones, Dragon Scales, and a Dragon Soul, so the loot is good.
Bullseye Your Way to Archery Mastery
Archery is possibly certainly one of the most popular skills in Skyrim , and why wouldn’t it be: it’s powerful, and sneak-sniping enemies from yards away is just one of the most fun things you can ever do. For Archery-focused players, having your Archery skills up could be a bit tricky, so any chance you may get to level this up is really a blessing. While many Archery players will probably start seeking each Archery-related side quests there’s, very few people learn about the medial side quest for sale in Angi’s Camp.
Angi’s Camp is found near Falkreath, at the very top of a steep mountain*. In-game, Angi is certainly one of, or even the, best archer in each of Skyrim , and if you learn her ‘camp ‘, which can be actually a little cabin in the middle of the forest, she’ll give you a series of tests that involve hitting targets together with your bow and arrow. Pass these tests, and you get to jump up the Archery skill tree for free, and undoubtedly a lot of unique items. If nothing else, visit Angi’s Camp as the tests are actually pretty relaxing. ARK Dino Color Regions Survival Evolved Chart
*In Skyrim, wood elf blood is pretty rare, but in addition required for the Discerning the Transmundane quest. If you’re searching for Angi’s camp near Falkreath, be on the lookout for many wood elf bandits to help you harvest some blood.Skyrim