Fleet managers face a number of challenges such as cost control, managing asset utilization, data collection and analysis, adhering to regulatory compliances, and ensuring the safety of the fleet.
An enterprise fleet management software assists managers to handle these challenges and improve the safety, security and profitability of the fleet. It helps to streamline the operations, eliminate mistakes and optimize the productivity of your fleet
Features of Enterprise Fleet management Software
Every business that uses vehicles for different business purposes requires enterprise fleet management software. Though each industry has its own specific requirements, here are some of the common features of enterprise fleet maintenance software.
- Vehicle Tracking System – The vehicle tracking system uses GPS to identify the location of a vehicle in the fleet at any given time. The vehicle tracking system is available in multiple variations such as truck tracking system, school bus tracking system, etc. You can choose between different tracking systems to suit the requirements of your fleet.
- Route Optimization – This feature involves the use of analytics to find the optimum route for a particular trip to reduce the time taken as well as the fuel consumption for each trip.
- Fuel Management – Fuel is one of the major expenses incurred for fleet management. The fuel management feature of the software helps to monitor fuel consumption and analyse the various factors affecting it. It helps to eliminate fuel theft and wastage and reduces fuel consumption by adapting the best practices.
- Asset Maintenance – The software can be used to continuously monitor the health of every asset in the fleet and manage them effectively. You can identify the usage patterns of different vehicles and check for underused, unused and overused vehicles using the vehicle tracking system. You can then take steps to improve the utilization rate of each vehicle in the fleet to ensure optimum usage.
- Managing Driver Behaviour – You can use the driver behaviour tracking system and telematics to monitor the driver behaviour. Timely interventions, training and incentives can improve the morale of the drivers and improve the safety of your fleet.
Benefits of Using Enterprise Fleet Management Software
- Increases the Productivity of the Fleet
The enterprise fleet management software helps businesses to increase the productivity of their fleet by identifying waste and taking steps to prevent it.
For example, you can use the route optimization feature of the software to analyze the different routes for making a trip and zeroing on the best route that involves less time. This helps to reduce fuel consumption and also save time on each trip.
Likewise, the asset management feature can be used to study the usage pattern of different vehicles and prevent overuse and underuse. Every vehicle can be assigned for the right purpose to increase its productivity.
- Helps To Rationalize Fleet Operating Expenses
Opting for a digital enterprise fleet management solution helps to reduce and rationalize operating expenses. Fleet managers can effectively monitor fuel consumption, asset maintenance and other expenses and devise strategies to reduce them.
Though the initial costs of a fleet management software are high, in the long run, the software increases your profitability by ensuring proper utilization of different assets, improved compliance, enhanced safety and driver behaviour management.
- Saves Time and Improves Efficiency
Fleet management involves several chores such as maintaining the information of each vehicle from the time it is brought to the time it is sold, ensuring regulatory compliance, regular overseeing of insurance filings and contract renewals, vehicle maintenance, monitoring driver behaviour and health, preventing unauthorized use and ensuring the safety of the fleet.
Opting for enterprise fleet management software helps to automate most of these tasks and saves valuable time. Moreover, it also eliminates manual errors and ensures the work is performed efficiently.
- Improves Employee Satisfaction
Fleet management software increases employee satisfaction and helps to create a good working atmosphere. For example, the driver tracking software allows you to track driver behaviour and incentivize safe behaviours.
You can also take steps to correct negative behaviours by providing training and education in safe driving. The software also allows for effective management of shifts and avoid last-minute emergencies.
Fleet management practices such as route optimization improve the morale of the employees and increase their productivity.
- Enhances Customer Retention
Proper fleet management ensures timely deliveries with increased safety, which in turn makes your customers happy.
You can also provide value-added services to the customers by creating a customer log-in to help them track the vehicles and know the expected delivery time.
Happy customers are more likely to stay with you and also recommend you to others.
The fleet management systems are evolving to meet the demands of the industry. Telematics, GPS and mobile devices are changing the fleet management landscape.
Investing in cutting-edge fleet management software will help you to improve your fleet management, stand ahead of your competitors, and boost your profitability.