Students get written assignments frequently and are willing to score good marks for them. However, not all students find writing essays easy. Among the difficulties students face in terms of written assignments are lack of skills, poor awareness of the subject, and no free time. Some students need to dedicate their time to other activities, for example, part-time jobs. Thanks to professional writers who collaborate with writing services, students can delegate their tasks and buy essays online. If you are willing to complete an essay yourself, read the tips below and create amazing essays.
- Definition of an essay
Essays are among the common and most widespread tasks that require collecting information on a stated topic and exposing it in the form of text. Most part of essays reflect the vision of an author, state his or her opinion, defend his or her ideas, etc. The common length of a standard 5-paragraph essay is about 700-800 words. Any essay has an introduction, the body, and a conclusion. Essays could be formatted following one of the following formatting types: APA, MLA, and Chicago/Turabian. There are five main types of essays:
- Descriptive essays define core particularities of subjects, persons, ideas, or events and expose them through the scope of an author’s vision. The goal of an author would be to describe the subject as detailed to let the audience feel what he or she feels when looking at the subject. The audience must get a picture in their heads after reading a well-written descriptive essay.
- An argumentative essay states a particular opinion of an author and aims to defend the ideas stated in the main thesis. When an author completes an argumentative essay, he or she must bring arguments that confirm his or her statements. After reading an argumentative essay, the audience must agree with an author’s statements.
- A narrative essay tells a story about events, subjects, or persons. Narrative essays often tell stories about the author’s personal experience and represent his or her attitude to particular events. A narrative essay must have a plot and other elements of storytelling.
- Expository essays are often used to explain complicated concepts and ideas to an audience by dividing them into elements. Writing an expository essay aims to explore the subject from various angles and give a detailed summary of it. If there are various opinions on the same subject, expository essays include them to let readers see the whole picture.
- Admission essays are a type of paper that students write when enrolling in a college or university. These essays frequently define the destiny of students and must be completed flawlessly. A type of admission essay is a personal statement.
No matter what type of essay you have to write, follow the tips below to succeed:
- Choose exciting subjects
Writing essays on topics you find tedious or too complicated, you lack the motivation to write an essay about it. To write a fantastic essay, you need to choose topics that inspire you and make you thrilled about investigating the area. If you have an exciting hobby or can share a significant personal experience, you can expose your thoughts in an essay that would inspire others. The audience will feel your mood and attitude to the topic when they will be reading your essay.
- Make it clear on the goals
Read the rubrics and manuals from your teacher. Make sure you get the purpose of writing correctly as well as understand the type of essay. Imagine who would be reading your paper and what they need to understand or feel after reading. If some points are unclear to you, ask your teacher to clarify all the doubted points. Before you proceed with writing, you have to imagine the final result, including such details as word count and formatting style.
- Provide a research
When the topic is clear, and the goals are defined, you need to do preliminary research. Any essay would benefit if you highlighted various sources and points of view. Explore the subject from each side. Make a list of sources that fit your subject and investigate them all step by step. We recommend including into your list such sources as books, databases, thesis papers, blogs, vlogs, podcasts, science journals, movies, poems, etc. If you cite any source, make sure to refer to them properly by a chosen formatting style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian).
- Outline is essential
How to make an essay awesome? It would be best if you were patient with outlining. Even a standard 5-paragraph essay would require a certain structure. When you define the topic and the main thesis, you require dedicated time to outline the paper in detail. A detailed outline would economize your time for writing and help to arrange the essay logically.
One of the significant sections of any paper is an introduction. For essays, an introduction is vital as it represents the topic and exposes the main thesis. One of the central aims of an introduction is hooking the audience. It would help if you include some catching quotations, jokes, etc., make a cohesive transition to the main body using particular words.
This section of an essay included several paragraphs that expose the statements on the subject. Make sure to add arguments and pacts that underline the main thesis. Each section of the body must flow into another cohesively.
This section must briefly summarize all the statements from previous parts. There is a rule to not to add new data in conclusion. However, if it is appropriate to suggest something for forthcoming papers, an author can do it.
- Polish your essay
The vital stage of writing an essay is the editing stage. You have to ensure that all the arguments and data are checked. Formatting must be appropriately arranged. The content must correlate with the subject and highlight the main statement. Each paragraph of the body must expose one thought or opinion. When it comes to grammar and spelling, you better double-check with online instruments, such as Grammarly, to make sure there are no mistypes and other mistakes.
We believe these tips were interesting to read and would serve you well for your goals. We wish you to score only good marks on your papers!