With the increasing legalization of Marijuana in many states, people have got innovative. Apart from the traditional smoking of joints, several other new and modern methods of consuming the concentrate have come. One of these methods is using a wax pen.
Wax pens are small portable vaporizers that are used for vaping thick, and waxy Marijuana concentrates. Many people who have used these devices can prove that they are a better alternative to traditional smoking.
Below are things you need to know about wax pens.
1. How do wax pens work?
Wax pens have three major parts:
● A battery
● A chamber/ atomizer
● A mouthpiece.
Once you activate the battery, it powers the coil in the wax pens’ chamber, holding the wax concentrate. The powered coil heats the wax concentrate and turns it to vapor. A wax pen’s mouthpiece is an opening from which the user inhales this vapor.
Wax pens also come with a USB charger for recharging the battery. Most of these devices come with variable voltage or temperature settings that enable the user to customize his/ her hits.
Some wax pens feature a power button for activating the battery, while others are draw-activated.
2. What are the benefits of using dab pens?
● They are smoke-free (dab pens do not rely on combustion to vaporize your concentrates. Instead, they use either conduction or convection means. Smoke hinders the privacy of using a dab pen and can be unpleasant. Besides, burning CBD vape cartridge concentrates can eliminate the active ingredients found in the plant.
● They are odorless – since dab pens do not release any smoke, they do not leave your clothes smelly.
● Discretion – you can use your wax pen even in public without anyone noticing. They allow you to customize your hits, meaning that you can choose to have cloudless hits.
● Micro-dosing – for dabbing/ vaping of wax concentrate, you only need a small amount. Wax pens help with micro-dosing for medical Marijuana.
● They are portable – you can easily carry your wax pen and use it whether you are indoors or outdoors.
● They are safer and healthier than smoking – wax pens replicate the effect of smoking joints more safely and healthily. Sometimes the combustion process can release substances, such as carbon monoxide, that are toxic when inhaled. Instead of combusting the cannabis concentrate, wax pens vaporize it.
3. How to use a wax pen.
Although wax pens come in different sizes, models, designs, and brands, they all work in a similar fashion. There are a few minor tweaks that vary in the usage of a wax pen. Consequently, you always need to check out the wax pen’s user manual.
Below is are some tips to help you when using your wax pen:
Step 1: Make sure the atomizer of the wax pen works.
Vape coils, found in wax pens, can last a couple of months, depending on how you use them. They can last for a few weeks for heavy users, but casual/ light users can last for some months. Therefore, you should always check whether the coil is working out before you start using it.
For a working atomizer, you should feel the heat come off its coil once you connect the wax pen’s heating chamber to the battery.
Step 2: Packing the wax concentrate onto the wax pen.
To load a wax pen, you only need a wax concentrate that is the size of a grain of rice. Always use a dabber or loading tool when loading the wax concentrate onto the wax pen. The dabber will keep you safe from the wax pen’s heat.
If you load less wax concentrate, you may be forced to reload it right away. Also, if you overload the wax pen, it could create a mess.
Step 3: Choosing the right temperature for using your wax pen.
Not all wax pens come with adjustable temperature settings. For those that don’t have this feature, you heat and take your hit.
The ideal temperature for vaping wax concentrates is between 420°F and 550°F. Choosing the lower end of this range in your variable temperature settings will give you smooth and flavorful hits. On the other hand, selecting the higher range will offer you thick and more potent clouds.
Wax pens need regular maintenance and cleaning practices. On the maintenance part, you should not overpack it, and you should change the coil when it stops working or starts creating harsh hits. It would be best if you used cotton swabs dipped in isopropyl alcohol to clean your wax pen.