Since after the pandemic of coronavirus, the patterns of work and personal life have changed a lot. The landscapes of work have shifted to the remote working in a lot of the companies and this also becoming a norm gradually.
Well, the people who have been working via home and remotely know this feeling rightly that home is where the comfort is! Sleep and naps have been effecting the humans since forever and would keep on effecting for the rest of our lives.
Narrowing down the topic, sleep is literally the most essential element of our daily live and it has a huge impact on our health and productivity. You must have noticed that if you haven’t slept well in the night then you would keep on facing severe headache at the office next day and this is completely natural!
There are so many organizations and the companies like genie resumes that have installed the sleeping pods and the relaxation rooms in their offices for the employees but guess what?
Such companies are implementing the 24 hour work culture and trust me, none of us would ever be able to do that. Hence, at the end everybody would be compromising on his sleep that would indirectly result in mental pressure and illness of the body and mind.
SLEEP HOURS- IS THERE AN EFFECT OF SLEEP OVER WORK?
The simple answer to this question is yes, sleep affect your work and your productivity completely. Sleep supports all the systems in our body as it is the biological process that refresh our mind and body.
So, if you are trying to work while being underslept then this can significantly impact your job performance.
Hear me out, there is a fixed number of hours for which workforce or human labor is required to work and this has a pervasive influence on the physical and mental health of the person. I completely agree with the fact that not every person gets a good night sleep and a lot of the people face severe stress due to which they can’t sleep at night.
What would be the outcome the next day at office? Maybe, one would be feeling way so sleepy and would not be able to understand the work properly. Even if he gets his task done then maybe it would not have been done efficiently. Students who live in Australia, can use miswebmail, a study platform given by the government to study more comfortably.
Well, sleeping is having a huge impact on the person’s work productivity and his work performance and if he hasn’t slept at the night then there would be zero work done next day!
SLEEPING IN THE WORKPLACE- SHOULD THIS BE ALLOWED?
Taking it into the big picture, should sleeping in the workplace be allowed for the people who haven’t rested properly and are unable to perform at work?
Pros of implementing the nap hours:
I have broken down some basic pros of napping at work, let’s have a look at them.
- There is an increased rate of the productivity if the employee is allowed to have a nap
- The energy of the employees also increase after getting a short nap
- Chances of meeting an accident go very low and the employee can surely feel energized and refreshed at the work indirectly a boost to his performance
- The short naps can also improve the rest and health of employee would enhance
- With the help of nap, the stress hormones can also be reduced
- The behavior of the employees is also improved with the nap benefits
- Napping hour is also a better attraction at the workplace and can increase the retention of employees
Cons of implementing the nap hours:
Now coming towards the cons of the naps at the workplace. Check them out.
- The workplace culture changes take time and this would be a little difficult to implement as everyone cannot adopt the changes quickly
- Employees can also have a fear of negative repercussions
- The office and the management of the workplace may have to make some investment to get a proper place for the nap
- The employees who would be taking the nap, it would be a little difficult for the recruiters to get them back to the work with same pace and they may not be able to do the task properly
- Employees can also have a fear of sitting for the longer hours. For example, if they have slept for half an hour then they would have to sit half an hour more even if that’s not stated. Still, the employees may not like to have a nap at workplace.
Well, apart from the discussion of pros and cons, the companies can look into the benefit of providing the employees with the nap benefit in order to improve retention and productivity. However, make sure that the place for nap is clean-cool and quiet. Also, check that employee may not get into deep sleep.
A QUICK RUNDOWN:
The short nap for 20 minutes to half an hour could be allowed to the employees so they can rest well and then perform well. Sleeping pods and separate rooms can help in this regard. The culture of the workplace must be supportive enough to adopt the new change. If the managers would be understanding the employees on a better note, then the employees would feel empowered too!
Michael Hussey is one of the most well-known blogger and essay writer who has providing the essay writing services for so long via assignmentmaster.co.uk. He is also known for his motivational sessions among the students and this has helped him gain huge fan following on social media platforms.