Laser hair removal is a fantastic option for men who want to remove unwanted body hair. Laser treatments are fast and effective, giving you the freedom to wear whatever swimsuit or clothing that you please. This guide will explain everything you need to know about laser hair removal for men, from how it works with pros, cons and more.
Laser hair removal for men
Laser hair removal for men is a process to remove unwanted body or facial hair. It is just not for women, and according to this website, now men are also visiting their favorite medical spas for laser treatment to permanently get rid of unwanted hair.
How does it work?
The laser targets the pigment in your hair follicle, which severs the connection between the follicle and root of your hair so that it falls out on its own over time. Men’s laser treatments are available for all areas of the body, including eyebrows, under arms, legs, stomach, back and shoulders.
With each treatment, the energy is dispersed from a laser to target and destroy only the hair in that specific area. The technique does not damage skin cells or surrounding tissue, so that can be used on all almost all types of hair color and skin tone except darker skin.
Pros of male laser hair removal treatment
- No more razor burn or ingrown hair
- Lightens the appearance of dark facial hair
- Semi-Permanent, and after six sessions, you will have smooth and hairless skin for almost two years.
- Painless when comparing to sugaring or waxing
- Treatments are fast and easy – about an hour per session. The interval between treatments is determined by your body’s growth cycle, a minimum of four weeks for some men.
Cons of male laser hair removal
- It can be expensive compared to other methods like shaving or using depilatory creams, but it will save you money in the long run because you only need one treatment every few months.
- Men with sensitive skin may experience redness after their first treatment, but this typically subsides with regularity.
- Treating areas that are under constant pressure from clothing also requires multiple sessions to see optimal results
- Only suitable for lighter skin with dark hair.
Is one treatment enough?
The number of sessions required varies by individual, but the consensus is that four to six treatments are necessary for most men. That is why it is considered one of the most effective and semi-permanent hair removal methods.
During treatment, you will feel very little to no pain. Your skin will feel like snapped with a rubber band, and this is nothing if you compare it with waxing. That is why laser hair removal for males is considered the safest and painless treatment.