The full form for the ISO is International Standardization for Organization, and the full form for JIS is Japanese Industrial Standard. In this article, you will know about the features of the jis z 2801 iso 22196.
What are the features of the JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196?
The notching features of the JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196 are given by,
The ISO is one of the specific test methods which are used to determine the antibacterial activity of the textile and fabrics products, including nonwovens.
It is used for all the textile products like wadding, thread, cloth, and material that can be used in the clothing, furnishings, and various types of goods.
It depends upon the projected application and on the environment in which the textile product can be used.
You can choose the appropriate method for determining the antimicrobial activity. Some of the methods are the absorption method, evaluation method, colony plate count method, and Adenosine Triphosphate Luminescence specified for the bacterial enumeration.
What is the procedure for testing JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196?
The procedure involved in the jis z 2801 iso 22196 test method is defined by
Step 1: Preparing the Sample for the test
First, you can prepare samples for antimicrobial testing. For example, you can take textiles, fabrics, plastics, and other components. The sample size is 5 cm x 5 cm, and three sections of the test sample and six sections of the untreated sample.
Step 2: Sterilization
The second step in the JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196 antimicrobial tests is disinfection. In the sample, you can add 70% ethanol, which is used to disinfect the sample.
Step 3: Inoculation:
For the inoculation process, you can add S aureus and E coli at the top of the sample. Then, a 4 cm x 4 cm transparent film was used to cover the entire sample.
Step 4: Incubation
The incubation process takes on the sample after 24 hours. You can rest the sample after the incubation process.
Step 5: Rinse and Shake
The next step is to wash and shake the sample. You can use 10 mL of SCDLP liquid on a glass jar, and then place the sample on the pot to rinse and shake the sample with the liquid.
Step 6: Counting
The last step in this test method is counting. You can place the sample on a jelly dish and measure it. You can compare the number of treated samples to the untreated samples. As a result, you can see the difference in counting between treated and untreated samples.
What are the different types of components used for the antimicrobial test?
The different types of components are used for the antimicrobial test are given by,
Textiles: The textile products like face masks, bedding materials, boxing gloves, spun lace, jeans, leather bags, threads, and other textile materials.
Plastics: The plastic products like phone cases, paper-based packing, and film depend on packing and other plastic components.
Coatings: The products like test paints, door handles, doors, and other coating products.
Surface disinfectant: The surface disinfectants products like sanitizers, surface disinfectants, gels, and other disinfectant products.
Outline for the JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196 test method:
The outline for the JIS Z 2801 ISO 22196 test method is given by,
- The microorganisms tested are usually prepared by growing in a liquid culture medium.
- Test microbial suspensions were normalized by dilution in nutritious broth. (This allows microorganisms to spread during the trial.)
- The control and test surfaces were inoculated with the microorganism and then the inoculums are then covered with a thin, sterile film.
- Evaporate and come in close contact with antimicrobial surfaces.
- Determine the concentration of microorganisms that “Zero time” by erosion followed by dilution and jelly
- The use of vaccinated surfaces is permitted. Cover control and antimicrobial testing are allowed to incubate undisturbed eggs in a humid environment for 24 hours, usually at body temperature.
- After incubation, the concentration of microorganisms is determined. The reduction of microorganisms was calculated against the control surface.
From the above discussion, you can get a clear idea about the antimicrobial test method of JIS Z ISO 22196 for textiles and fabrics products. The antimicrobial test is help to enhance the life of the products.