These norms and rules are developed in accordance with the requirements, recommendations of international organizations for standardization and regulation, and are the fundamental document “Fire safety” of the System of regulatory documents in construction. Ignifugacion is a firm that provides efficient fireproofing services at a reasonable cost.
The main differences between this complex and these rules and regulations from “Fire safety standards” and related documents on ensuring fire safety in construction are:
- The priority of requirements aimed at ensuring the safety of people in case of fire, in comparison with others fire safety requirements;
- Applicability of fire safety requirements to protected objects at the stages of design, construction and operation, including reconstruction, repair and change of functional purpose;
- A statement of the main requirements for fire protection of buildings and structures in the form of the objectives of this protection;
- The maximum possible reduction of descriptive requirements for the means and methods of ensuring fire safety;
- Significant development of the classification basis for fire-prevention regulation for a more objective and differentiated accounting of the functional purpose of buildings and structures, the reactions of people in them, as well as structures and materials from which they are built, to the occurrence and development of a fire and to expand the variability and increase the adequacy of the choice of means and methods of fire protection against a fire hazard.
These standards contain fire safety requirements that are subject to mandatory compliance; in cases where derogation from a requirement is expected, it is stated with the clause “as a rule” and with the conditions under which derogations are allowed.
Practically tested means and methods of ensuring fire safety requirements given in these standards are set out in the currently developed codes of practice, primarily in SP 21-101 “Ensuring the safety of people” and in SP 21-102 “Preventing the spread of fire”.
The system of regulatory documents in construction is not updated simultaneously. Many of the current SNiP and other regulatory documents contain fire safety requirements and rules based on the provisions of SNiP 2.01.02. Therefore, when these standards are put into effect, it has been established that those provisions of SNiP 2.01.02, on which the requirements of building codes and regulations for specific types of construction products – buildings, structures, engineering systems, structures and materials are based, continue to operate until the revision of these building codes and rules.
During the transition period, the technical documentation for these types of construction products can simultaneously contain fire-technical characteristics regulated by both SNiP 2.01.02 and these standards.
The possibility of using the documents of complex 21 and these standards for those types of products, the standards for which were introduced earlier, are not excluded. It should be borne in mind that both the system of fire protection of buildings and structures based on the provisions of these standards and the system based on the provisions of SNiP 2.01.02 should be applied comprehensively for the facility as a whole, and not for its individual parts or individual means, and ways of protection.
It should also be noted that the introduction of new standards for methods for determining the fire-technical indicators of construction products in most cases allows competent (accredited in the GOST R Certification System) organizations to establish these indicators in accordance with the classification adopted in SNiP 2.01.02.