Quickbooks file doctor is a file repairing tool you can use to fix all the issues encountered while using Quickbooks. The tool is available in two different versions and can be used to fix a lot of issues. In this article, we have explained to you what the Quickbooks file doctor tool is and how you can use it on the system. Check out the full guide to know more.
Situations to Use Quickbooks File Doctor
The tool is one of the convenient ways to get rid of the issues related to the Quickbooks application. Below we have mentioned all the issues for which you can use the tool.
● The very common situation is to fix the company file issues. In case the data is lost in your company file, you can use the tool to fix the file.
● Other than this, issues in accessing the company file can be fixed.
● The tool is also used to get rid of the network issues like H101, H505, Error H303.
● Moreover, you can also fix the damaged company files with the tool.
Facts to Know About File Doctor Tool
● The very first thing is to uninstall the existing version of the QBFD tool and then only install a new one.
● Next, to use the in-built version of the tool, you will have to download Quickbooks 2016 and above.
● The tool is available only for Windows users. It is not available for Mac users.
● Other than this, whenever you will face an issue, the tool will start on its own. In case it does not start automatically, you can click on the start tab and the process will begin.
To use the QBFD on the system, your system must have two major components. They are:
● You need to have the .Net framework installed on the system.
● The next component is Visual C++.
Types of QBFD
● The stand-alone version of the Quickbooks file doctor tool
● The built-in version of the tool
Steps to Use Quickbooks File Doctor
Now, to use the tool on the system, you need to follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure to follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned to avoid any issues.
● The very first thing is to open the Intuit website and then go to the downloads option.
● Under this, look for the QB file doctor tool and then download the latest version on the system.
● Next, you will have to click on the icon of the tool and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process of QBFD.
● Now, when the installation will complete, the tool will open automatically. In case it doesn’t, open it by double-clicking on the icon.
● Now, you will have to click on the drop-down menu and then choose the file that you wish to diagnose.
● After opening the file, in the next window, you will have two options. You need to choose the first option if you have encountered the company issues like 6150, 6000 82.
● Other than this, choose the other option if a network issue has occurred.
● Next, you will have to enter your admin password and then click on the Next option
● When done, two will appear on the screen to choose the computer or host server.
● In this, you need to choose the workstation option if you are using QBFD on other systems than the host system.
● Otherwise, you need to choose the server option if you are using the doctor tool on the server.
● When done, wait for the diagnosis process to complete.
● When it will complete, you will have to terminate the application and then attempt to open the company file.
Things to Remember Before Using File Doctor Tool
Now, before you run the tool on the system, there are certain things that you will have to do. Check out all the prerequisites below.
● To start with, you need to have the admin credentials before using the tool on the system.
● Next, you must have a good internet connection.
● The size of your file must not exceed 1.5GB
● Make sure that there is only one version of Quickbooks installed on the system.
● You will also have to ensure to update the Quickbooks application to the latest version.
Steps to Use the Tool Using Tool Hub
Other than using it individually, you can use it with the help of the tool hub also. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
● First, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
● Next, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions. You will then have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
● Now, after the installation is complete, start the tool on the system.
● You will then have to click on the company file issues tab.
● In this window, you will have to choose to run the tool.
With all the steps mentioned in the article, you can easily download and use the tool. We have tried to provide you with all the information regarding the tool. In case you still have doubts, you can seek technical guidance.