Whatever your products or services, content marketing is one of the best methods for eCommerce success.
Compared to pitching products, it provides information that helps your customers solve problems. In fact, 70% of consumers prefer learning about a company from its articles rather than traditional advertising.
In this article, you’ll learn effective content marketing strategies suitable for every eCommerce business to increase brand visibility, trust, and sales.
Before creating content, you should buy a hosting plan from a credible web hosting provider to have better performance and security. You can visit www.hostinger.co.uk for more information.
1. Produce High-Quality Content
High-quality content can build trust and convert visitors to customers as it answers their questions and helps them make better purchase decisions.
Here are the two main criteria of high-quality content:
- Relevance. Refers to the information your target audience is looking for. To do this, conduct proper keyword analysis by using a tool like AnswerThePublic. It’s a search result database containing phrases and questions people are asking around the primary keyword.
- Readability. Make your content eye-catching by using headings and images or videos between paragraphs. Also, avoid using difficult words and long sentences as they make the content harder to read. Use a content creation tool like Hemingway Editor to help you with that.
Having high-quality content can also improve SEO. It attracts backlinks and improves user behavior, like longer session duration and lower bounce rates.
2. Optimize Content for Search Engines
Before publishing content, optimize it for search engines. Proper search engine optimization (SEO) strategies boost 20 times more traffic than PPC because most people prefer organic results.
One way to optimize content is by integrating LSI keywords to provide relevance without overstuffing the main keyword. Search for these keywords using tools like LSIGraph and SEO Surfer. Then, use them naturally in your content, including titles and meta descriptions.
Also, consider using trending topics and keywords that match your brand to keep the content up to date. For instance, Fashion Chingu creates content on popular Korean dramas.
3. Focus on User-Generated Content
User-generated content is images, reviews, and videos created by individuals, not brands. This strategy helps make your content authentic since it displays a real customer experience.
Let’s see how popular brands add user-generated content:
- GoPro. Displays followers’ photos on its Instagram profile.
- Blenders Eyewear. Showcases customer reviews with images and videos.
- Oreo. Holds a contest and invites the audience to propose new flavors.
- Sephora. Shares customers’ photos on its website and tags products they wear.
4. Share Case Studies
A case study refers to a specific example that shows how a brand has helped customers achieve success.
This content marketing strategy of sharing case studies generally includes:
- The client’s description, goals, and pain points.
- The step-by-step process a brand uses to help the client.
- The strategy’s result in the form of screenshots or photos.
- A conclusion explaining practical takeaways.
Take a look at how AMP Agency shares its case studies.
It creates a dedicated page and categorizes the case studies based on specific industries and services. Inside each case study page, AMP Agency describes its roles, challenges, and results. It also includes screenshots, photos, and videos to demonstrate the strategies.
5. Hold Webinars
Webinars help build a relationship with the audience by giving them helpful information. Furthermore, you can gain the audience’s trust and make yourself the industry expert.
A typical webinar is usually held live around a specific topic using slideshows and videos.
Alternatively, invite guests and have an interview-style webinar as Notion does to make it engaging. The brand holds a webinar to discuss its note-taking app features for specific jobs, such as engineers and novelists.
Interviewing people on the webinar can spread brand awareness because the guests are more likely to share the webinar info with their following.
6. Make Your Content Interactive
Interactive content invites your audience to participate actively instead of just reading, listening, or watching. This kind of content marketing helps you stand out and generates two times more conversions than the passive one.
SmartBuyGlasses is an excellent example of a brand using interactive content on its website. The brand integrates augmented reality (AR) to let customers try on glasses virtually.
Besides AR, other kinds of interactive content include:
- Interactive infographics or videos
- Assessments and polls
7. Promote with Social Media
Social media platforms are effective in promoting businesses. It only takes one click for users to share posts, while business owners can simply add hashtags to reach more audiences.
Since this digital marketing channel is more visual, use appealing photos, graphics, or videos to attract people. For example, the skincare brand Bliss uses colorful photos and educational infographics on its Instagram.
Besides creating high-quality content, ensure that you engage with the audience. Answer their questions, or use the platforms’ interactive tools, like Twitter polls and Instagram Stories’ Q&A sticker.
8. Participate in the Community
Participating in a community can increase brand awareness and build a positive reputation. This will show customers that you care about giving back to society.
Here are some ideas to get involved in the community:
- Hold workshops for local small businesses.
- Sponsor local charities and events.
- Support certain causes.
- Donate food or become a volunteer.
After that, share your participation on social media or websites, like PAWS does. This online pet store helps people with disabilities through trained assistance dogs and shares the community stories on the website.
9. Analyze Content Marketing Results
Analyzing the results of brand awareness campaigns helps notice which strategies work better. This can improve the next campaign.
Google Analytics is a free and excellent tool to track content marketing success. It provides data showing the important metrics, like most popular content and how long people engage with your site.
To get started with Google Analytics, consider enrolling in its course to learn all features and metrics available. Once you understand how it works, sign up on analytics.google.com or install the MonsterInsights – Google Analytics Dashboard plugin if you use WordPress.
Content marketing is a beneficial strategy in building brand awareness, increasing sales, and gaining trust from your audience.
This article has shared ten techniques to use digital content marketing to attain the benefits:
- Create high-quality content.
- Apply SEO on the content marketing strategies.
- Leverage user-generated content.
- Produce case studies.
- Use webinars to share knowledge live.
- Make interactive content.
- Promote your brand on social media.
- Give back to the community.
- Measure the content marketing performance.
Improve your content marketing efforts by implementing tips, tools, and examples mentioned in this guide. Then, adjust the strategy for your target market. Best of luck!