If you’re a true patriot, you have probably fixed a flagpole at your business or home to fly the American flag. During the day, everybody can see the flag, but once the night falls, it can become a struggle to see it. One of the ways to overcome this obstacle is by installing solar lights for flagpoles. As the name suggests, they are powered by solar energy, and they light up the flag throughout the night. You can find good quality LED solar flag pole lights at Atlantic Flag & Pole. We are a premium flagpole lighting business.
Understanding Solar Flagpole Lighting
Government buildings, homes, and businesses, are some of the common areas that you will spot flags flying, and their intended message is clear; the spirit of patriotism.
Installing solar lights on a flagpole enables the flag to glow vividly round the clock, but this lighting is especially useful during the night, as it makes the flag stand out.
As these lights are solar-powered, they are extremely convenient. They are excellent at storing energy and they stay operational no matter the weather conditions.
Buying solar flagpole lighting is the best way to make your flag shine at all times of the day.
Benefits of Solar Flagpole Lighting
Using solar flagpole lighting is advantageous for several reasons:
1. They are Solar-Powered and Cost Efficient
A solar-powered lighting system draws energy from the sun, as opposed to many other lighting systems that depend on electricity. And since the sun comes out every day, the reliability of the solar flagpole lighting is extremely good. On the other hand, lighting systems that use electricity will need you to pay for energy costs.
Environmental degradation has placed many plant and animal species at risk of extinction. And so, adopting eco-friendly systems of operation is extremely beneficial. Solar lights are sustained by a natural and renewable energy source and are thus eco-friendly. On the other hand, lighting systems that require power plants or generators affect the environment either directly or indirectly.
3. Easy Installation and Zero Maintenance
Solar lights are energy-efficient and practical, as they require just an initial installation. Solar lights are constructed purposely for flagpoles, and they typically have little to no maintenance. The flag stays illuminated no matter the weather changes.
Things to Consider When Buying Solar Flagpole Lighting
The following are some of the factors to keep in mind when shopping for solar lights for your flagpole:
1. Cell Strength and Color
Examine the wattage to determine whether the solar flagpole lighting is the right fit. Also, ensure that the color of your solar lights doesn’t clash with the flagpole. But this is not a difficult decision to make considering that the typical colors for flagpole solar lights are dark.
2. Universal Model
You want the solar lights to be specially made for flagpoles; otherwise, you might experience difficulty installing them or end up becoming the wrong fit for your pole.
Solar lights for flagpoles aren’t designed to last forever, but it’s critical to buy solar lights with a warranty. It covers you against buying defective products and deters losses.
U.S. Flag Etiquette
Not everyone flies their American flag round the clock. But some people want to keep the flag flowing throughout the day, in which case, the flag must be lit up, as mandated by the U.S flag code. There are several other guidelines for flying the U.S. flag.
- If the flag is flown off a projection on the building, the union should be at the tip.
- The flag is typically flown at sunrise and lowered at sunset. However, it may be flown during the night only when illuminated.
- The flag should be flown briskly and lowered grandly.
- In case the flag is flown at half-staff, it needs to first reach the peak for a moment and then be lowered to half-staff. It must be put one more time at the peak before it’s lowered at the day’s end. Flying half-staff means the flag is positioned precisely halfway between its highest and lowest points. The flag is typically flown half-staff upon the death of various distinguished persons like the president, the vice president, and the chief justice.
- In America, no other flag should be placed above the American flag, and if they are placed side by side, no other flag should be placed on the right side of the American flag.
- The flag must never be used for advertising reasons.
- Once the flag gets into a poor form, it should be destroyed dignifiedly, typically through burning.