You set up your Netgear WiFi range extender and try to connect your devices to the extended Netgear_ext network. Generally, your devices connect to the network right away but sometimes, the network just won’t connect. Or you get a brand new laptop but can’t connect it to your WiFi. What the hell?
There can be multiple reasons why you can’t connect to Netgear_ext SSID. Most of the time, your fix is as easy as plugging the extender back in after a pet accidentally pulled it out. At times, restarting your laptop can also fix the issue. Refer to this guide to figure out why you can’t connect to Netgear_ext and how can you resolve it on your own.
Fixed: Can’t Connect to Netgear_Ext
When you are unable to connect to Netgear_ext SSID, it is best to start your troubleshooting with simple solutions first and then proceed further with the more advanced fixes as required.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Is your Netgear WiFi extender unplugged or did power to it cut out? In such a case, the solution may be as simple as restarting your Netgear extender or plugging it back in.
- Is there any particular website or browser that is not working? At times, certain websites or servers go down. So, try accessing other websites such as mywifiext or use another browser to check if it is your WiFi that is causing trouble or just a specific website.
- Can you connect to the WiFi network if you move your device closer to your extender? In the event that you are getting strong WiFi signal strength in rooms far away from your extender but can’t connect, take your device near to your extender. Just in case it can pick up a WiFi signal in a closer room, there is a long-range signal problem, not a WiFi connection issue.
- Did you change your WiFi network recently? Well, you may have to re-enter the new password in your device if it didn’t automatically save the modified passphrase.
- Is your device trying to connect to a different WiFi network? Despite the fact that your device usually connects directly to your home WiFi, it may be trying to connect to a different network with the similar SSID. For instance, if you have employed Netgear AC1750 setup in your home, then you have to connect to your own Netgear_ext network. In this case, you might need to manually connect it to your WiFi and forget the other one.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
If none of the basic troubleshooting tips helped you out, consider the following advanced fixes to resolve the issue:
1. Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Follow the steps highlighted below and reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Disconnect all connected devices to your Netgear_ext network.
- Unplug the extender from the wall socket.
- Let it take some rest.
- Now, plug the Netgear extender back in again.
- Reconnect all your devices to your WiFi network.
Once done, see if you can now connect to the Netgear_ext.
2. Update the Firmware of Your Extender
Another way to get rid of the WiFi connectivity issues is to update your Netgear extender’s firmware. Here’s how:
- Power up your Netgear range extender.
- Connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Access mywifiext web page via an internet browser.
- Insert the user ID and password and click on the Log In button.
- From the Netgear extender’s dashboard, hit the Firmware Update button.
- Wait until your WiFi extender updates its firmware.
Once done, try connecting your devices to the extended network.
So, these were some of the best ways to fix the ‘can’t connect to Netgear_ext’ issue. For more troubleshooting guides, stay tuned with us.