Indigestion is a common problem among people today. Several factors lead to digestion problems, including too much alcohol, unhealthy food habits like spicy foods, carbonated drinks, caffeine, and elevated stress. While you can take the aid of over-the-counter medication to treat symptoms like heartburn, nausea, pursuing natural aids at home can be effective and safe.
Homemade concoctions using the power of nature`s precious and potent herbs and spices can improve digestive health naturally. Sipping them in the form of tea can soothe your stomach, treat problems like bloating, acid reflux, and improve overall health.
Here we will visit an excellent herbal tea recipe to catalyze digestion. We will also look at the individual benefits of the ingredients that create this incredible herbal potion.
Herbal Tea Recipe
This homemade digestion tea is the perfect choice to improve gut health and enhance nutrition absorption. It contains some exquisite ingredients like green Bali kratom that can provide holistic benefits like stress relief and pain management.
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2-star anise
- 2-3 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons carom seeds
- ½ cup holy basil
- 10 Chinese red dates
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon green Bali kratom powder
- ½ teaspoon orange peel powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 7 cups water
How To Prepare
- In a large saucepan, add the fennel seeds, dates, cinnamon, carom seeds, ginger, anise, and black pepper, along with water.
- Add the holy basil leaves and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Let the mixture simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Add the kratom powder and orange peel powder and stir thoroughly.
- Let the mixture simmer for another 5 minutes and remove from the stove.
- Strain the tea into a glass container and refrigerate it for future use.
How To Use
- Add the lemon juice and honey to a small cup.
- Take about one cup of the stored tea and heat it on a low flame in a saucepan.
- Pour the heated tea over the lemon juice mixture and stir to combine.
- Enjoy the warm digestion tea brimming with exquisite flavors and unique benefits.
When To Use
This herbal tea has exceptional properties to improve digestion. Enjoying it at least once every day can be beneficial. You can prepare a cup of this tea to enjoy a few minutes after your meal. Make sure to consume it while it is mildly warm for the best results.
The measurements given above can help you make about 5-6 cups of tea, which can last an entire week if refrigerated. Alternatively, you can change the proportions of the ingredients to prepare a fresh cup each day. Remember not to store the tea for more than a week. Also, avoid drinking it while it is still cold.
What Makes It Special?
Fennel seeds are a staple in Indian kitchens. It aids in treating indigestion by stimulating digestive juices and helps with constipation and bloating.
Cumin catalyzes the activity of digestive enzymes. It elevates nutrient absorption for improved health.
Kratom contains alkaloids that can induce several health benefits such as curbing inflammation, relieving pain, stress, and enhancing overall energy.
The presence of piperine in the back pepper can increase the level of stomach acid secretion and prevent peptic ulcers and acid reflux.
Anethole, terpineol, and thymol are three powerful oils produced by Star Anise to reduce nausea, constipation, and gas.
Ginger reduces inflammation in the gut and stimulates the production of digestive enzymes to elevate digestive health.
Carom seeds are a potent home remedy for indigestion. It can treat inflammation in the small intestine and combat ulcers.
Holy basil balances pH levels in the digestive tract to treat acid reflux. It facilitates better bowel movement and strengthens the functioning of pancreatic cells.
Apart from adding an exquisite flavor, cinnamon is also a great ingredient to improve digestion by reducing carbon dioxide in the stomach.
Chinese Red Dates
Chinese red dates can help with sluggish bowel movements and reduce bloating after a meal.
The pectin from orange peel prevents indigestion, constipation, acid reflux, and heartburn. The fiber also contributes to proper waste elimination.
Honey works miracles to treat ulcers and constipation. It can reduce the intensity of damage caused by acid reflux to the digestive tract and reduce inflammation.
Lemon juice helps to break down the food more effectively. It helps to retrieve maximum nutrients from a meal and stimulates waste elimination while inducing detoxing effects.
Some Ingredients You Can Add
Apart from the ingredients used in the above recipe, you can add a few others based on the individual benefits they can introduce.
- Cardamom pods can add an enriching flavor with a hint of sweetness. They are also a powerful aid for digestion.
- Mint leaves in the tea can improve gut health along with enhancing immunity.
- Fenugreek seeds are a helpful addition, especially to curb indigestion and bloating during the menstrual cycle.
- Coriander seeds have potent detox properties to protect the liver and stomach from harmful toxins.
This delicious herbal tea recipe contains a cocktail of ingredients known for inducing detoxing properties in the system. They strengthen the digestive pathway to enhance nutrient absorption and improve overall gut health. Make sure to check the ingredients for any allergies to ensure the safe use of this digestion aid.