Has your gas leaked? Is your toilet tank acting up? These plumbing problems generally require immediate action, but although there are many plumbers to choose from, making the right choice can prove to be the biggest hassle. It is unfortunate how many plumbers who claim to be qualified overcharge you while leaving a bigger mess than you initially had. When looking for plumbers in Portland and nearby areas, the following 5 tips will ensure you find the best company for the job.
Ask For Referrals
Many businesses gain most of their contracts through referrals, as it always indicates the amount of trust a previous client has for the contractor. Ask neighbors, friends, and family for recommendations when looking for a plumber to solve your plumbing issues. This provides several alternatives and the certainty that the most recommended is the best for the job.
Word of mouth will provide you with the track record a company has, their pricing, customer service, how well they stick to their scope of work, and how timely they fix problems. This information will help you weigh your options before deciding on the best fit for your project.
Do Some Research
The growth of the internet has brought with it the efficiency of finding information about any topics and companies you could think of. When looking for a qualified plumber in your area, the probability of them not being on the internet is close to none. Many plumbing companies have social media profiles, Google my business listings, and even full-blown sites full of information about their services and who they are.
However, do not be fooled into believing most of the sites, as the internet can be full of fluff and gimmicks. Before settling on a particular company, make sure you research reviews from previous people who have previously worked with the company. There are many review websites that rate how well these companies performed and how they range in cost.
This will set you up when deciding on a good company to go with for your project.
Contact Potential Plumbing Companies
After some research and recommendations, most likely you have listed several top plumbing companies around your area. Now is the time to reach out to these companies to find out more about their services.
We recommend several questions to ask these companies to evaluate them. These include;
- Experience – While any plumber can claim to fix your problem, unqualified ones can worsen your problem in the long run. Asking your potential contractor how long they have been in business and their track record can help you establish if they are a right fit. Contractors with years of experience and with multiple successful projects tend to be the best for your project.
- Certification, insurance, and license – Verification tends to be overlooked, but it is essential to ensuring the contractors are qualified and legally allowed to do plumbing repairs. Most states require plumbing companies to be licensed to operate in their field. Asking if they are insured will enable you to be sure of reimbursement if their errors result in a problem.
- Their pricing-It might be impossible to figure out how much to charge for a project without a thorough analysis. Plumbing companies should be in a position to quote a range that their services will cost you.
Compare Your Options
With all the information you have on all the companies you have contacted, take time to make a comparison to find out who is the best for your project. Consider their customer care service as this provides an overlook of how well the company values and treats clientele.
Select Your Best Choice
Now that you have done all your best in researching, evaluating, and comparing the list of qualified plumbers, make the call to the one you believe is the best. You can base your decision on the following criteria;
- Reputation – Good plumbing companies will always have a better reputation compared to others. Make sure you consider this.
- Location – Choosing a company that is closer to you will allow you to have your emergencies handled quicker.
- Warranties – You should always choose a plumber that can guarantee their work.
Plumbing is a critical part of your home, and any minute wasted without a plumbing problem being fixed can create hazards and endanger your life. Also, being in a position to vet a company before contracting them can help you save time and money.